Have a fisherman in your life who is passionate about fishing, just bought a boat or owns so many rods and lures that they couldn't possibly need anything else? We've rounded up the best gifts for fishermen - from beginners to experts.
Some of the best brands for fishing gear include Shakespeare, Penn, Plano, Flambeau Outdoors, Simms, and Columbia Sportswear. Here are a few specific gift ideas for men who like to fish (with product recommendations below):
- A fishing rod or reel, such as the Shakespeare Ugly Stik Elite or the Penn Battle II, which are both highly rated and popular among fishermen.
- A fishing tackle box or bag, such as the Plano Guide Series or the Flambeau Outdoors T3, which offer plenty of storage space and durable construction.
- A fishing book or magazine, such as The Complete Angler by Izaak Walton or Field & Stream magazine, which can provide valuable information and inspiration.
- A fishing hat or gloves, such as the Columbia Sportswear Bora Bora Booney II or the Simms SolarFlex gloves, which are designed specifically for fishing and offer protection from the elements.
- A fishing shirt or jacket, such as the Simms Guide Jacket or the Columbia Sportswear Silver Ridge, which are designed for fishing and offer comfortable and breathable fabric.
Deeper PRO Smart Portable Sonar
Castable fish finders have made it possible for weekend warriors to level up their game. Enter the Deeper pro. It’s about as portable as you can get, is lightweight, easy to cast, and has a casting range of 330 feet and a depth of 260 feet.
Trac Outdoors Fisherman Electric Anchor Winch
This electric boat anchor enables fishermen to easily complete your needs in a quick and easy manner. It's easy to operate and allows you to automatically raise and lower your anchor with easy-to-use buttons; Provides simple, smooth operation with excellent holding power.
Dr. Meter Fish Scale
This portable fishing scale makes fishing way more fun - especially for a competitive fisherman. It works perfectly, is lightweight and compact and is accurate.
YETI Sidekick Dry Waterproof Gear Case
This YETI sidekick dry waterproof gear case is the perfect spot to store your wallet, phone, keys, sunscreen and shirt, with a little room to spare. Super easy to open and it just snaps right back shut. Also serves as an awesome first aid kit, just in case.
SeaTow Annual Membership
Getting stuck is a hassle and SeaTow makes it easy to get help. Gift the fisherman in your life an annual membership to help them stay safe out in the water, wherever they are. Best of all, membership dollars stay local, in the community.
Each of the seasonings in this fisherman's collection from The Spice House complements those seaside or lakeshore meals hauled in fresh from fishing, perfect to enjoy every summer with your family and friends.
Mystery Tackle Box
The Mystery Tackle Box is a subscription plan that delivers new and cool lures to try. What makes this gift super cool is you get to choose your species. It's kind of like Christmas every month.
Bass Pro Shops Extreme 360 Backpack
An easier way to transport and organize your tackle, the Bass Pro Shops 360 Backpack Tackle Bag has a padded back and backpack shoulder straps, 4 pockets, rod tube straps, and a versatile zip-off bottom section with shoulder strap. The entire system holds up to ten 360 utility boxes.
Outdoor Research Seattle Sombrero
This waterproof, seam-taped, breathable, wicking, tricot lined crown, UPF 50+ hat is the perfect way to keep the sun off during those long fishing days.
Cabela's Boot Dryer
Cabela's Boot Dryer eliminates odors caused by fishing outside all day and zaps perspiration, bacteria and contaminants like viruses and mold that cause skin irritation and deterioration. The perfect gift to keep those fishing boots in top performance all day long.